FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday September 6, 2016
Contact: Jake Lewis, Illinois Working Together
Illinois Working Together Campaign Director Jake Lewis released the following statement regarding reports confirming that Bruce Rauner will be voting for Donald Trump:
"Finally, Bruce Rauner breaks his silence and admits what Illinoisans have known for months: the governor will be voting for Donald Trump in November. This admission, nearly six months after the governor first said he would support Trump, raises serious and significant questions about the governor's political priorities. Among those questions:
- Does the governor also support Trump's attacks on Gold Star Families?
- Does the governor agree with Trump when he described Mexicans by saying, 'They're bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.'
- Does the governor support Trump's plan to deport at least 5 million undocumented immigrants?
- Does Bruce Rauner also think that '2nd Amendment people' could stop Hillary Clinton from picking Supreme Court Justices?
- Which of the numerous offensive statements Trump has made about women does the governor not support?
"Bruce Rauner has now clearly and unequivocally reaffirmed his support for Donald Trump. These my-way-or-the-highway billionaire bullies are two peas in a pod when it comes to attacking workers, dividing communities, and promoting policies that would devastate the middle class."
About Illinois Working Together
Illinois Working Together is a coalition defending all working families from anti-worker attacks. Illinois Working Together believes that Governor Rauner's wrong priorities seek to harm hardworking families and communities throughout Illinois while protecting the wealthiest. The Coalition's goal is to stand up and fight back against the governor's political attacks and threats - and protect the vital services all Illinoisans rely on. It is time to get Illinois working together.
For more information, visit www.illinoisworkingtogether.org